Media Coverage of the Peel Watershed Supreme Court Decision
Press Conferences & TV Interviews
- Our press conference in Ottawa can be viewed here.
- The Yukon Government responded with a powerful press conference featuring Premier Silver and Justice Minister McPhee, viewable here.
- Later on Dec. 1, Chief Roberta Joseph and Christina Macdonald were featured on CBC's Power and Politics - watch here (go to the 28:40 mark). Chris Rider (CPAWS Yukon) spoke on CTV's Power Play - watch here.
Articles Online & in Print
- National Geographic: Vast Yukon Wilderness Protected in Ruling for Native Tribes
- The Globe and Mail: High court watershed decision a ‘victory’: First Nation chief
- The New York Times: Canada’s Supreme Court Backs Indigenous Rights in Dispute Over Yukon Wilderness
- CBC Canada/Radio Canada International:
- Yukon News: Supreme Court rules Yukon government overstepped in Peel watershed case
- National Post: Supreme Court's Yukon land ruling welcomed as new chapter for territory
- Toronto Star: Supreme Court sides with First Nations, environmental groups in Yukon land dispute
- DeSmog Canada:
- CTV: SCC rules against Yukon government in watershed protection case
- iPolitics: Top court overturns decision on Yukon’s Peel watershed; victory for First Nations environmentalists
- CKRW: Supreme Court overturns Yukon Appeal Court ruling on Peel Watershed
- Jurist.org: Supreme Court of Canada rules for Yukon First Nations in watershed development suit
- OKTLaw: Supreme Court affirms that modern Treaties must be honoured
Back to all news »